Gokada | IT Solution Manager | Location: Lagos, Lagos | Full Time
Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) deliveries. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and the city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on-demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.) We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.
Given the current Lagos market, traffic remains one of the biggest challenges. The city needs innovative projects to curb traffic, provide safer and better services, and make people lives easier.
After working on providing safe and reliable delivery services in Lagos, Gokada is looking to pilot new projects to give Lagosians safe, fast and reliable service. Looking for rock stars to take over the entire initiative of market research, running full scale test pilots and finally building/scaling the project. Will be initially a 3-month project which can be further converted to full-time position based on performance and interest.
You’ll be joining a team of highly motivated and vibrant professionals that believe in collaboration, passionate about excellence and results. You’ll learn about the Gokada way, our values, learn from our team, management, while also sharing your own best practices and your own style. You’ll get to know our quirks and how we celebrate and value everyone’s personality on our team and organization as a whole.
The IT Solution Manager will be responsible for managing and monitoring of our Information Systems and infrastructure.
THE SKILL SET
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective and efficient communication.
- Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills for problem-solving.
- Good leadership and team building and engagement skills.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for building something innovative and impactful
- Interest in a company’s growth and self-development.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Degree in a relevant Business-oriented stream.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://gokada.freshteam.com/