Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- To support and maintain internal IT architecture. This position is also responsible for administering desktops support as well as all company servers, printers, phones, and other peripherals.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services.
- Troubleshoot and resolves network problems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Provide support to network–related issues as escalated.
- Assist in network project design and implementations.
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Apple servers (Open Directory) for a middle-sized environment (less than 200 computers).
- Set-up of computer for staff.
- Troubleshoot application and hardware issues on both user and server levels.
- Aid in maintaining that all servers/computers/peripherals are in good working condition
- Perform servers and other computer asset maintenance (regular and ad-hocs)
- Maintain hardware and software updated inventory
- Resolve all application (emails, applications, etc.) related issues
- Participate in designing and implementation of various systems/application projects as requested by the client.
To get this role you must possess the following:
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Computer science/engineering or related fields.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in providing IT support.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and Cisco technologies.
- Professional certifications in IT.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Understanding of wires and wireless basic networking
- Ability to use an Apple Macintosh system
- Ability to manage and support 1st and 2nd level issues on an Apple Macintosh system & Microsoft Windows System
- Basic understanding of Directory Services on both Windows (Active Directory) and Macintosh (Open Directory)
- Understanding of hardware configuration of both Apple and Windows devices is highly desirable.
- Intermediate understanding of DNS, DHCP, File sharing (with or without SAMBA)
- Ability to support basic applications like MS Office and others
- Advance knowledge in routing (EIGRP/OSPF) and switching (VLAN’s, STP, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in SNMP and other network management protocols/systems
- Advanced knowledge in QoS principles and use of different QoS appliances
- Able to identify network issues, propose and implement actions to resolve the problem.
- Experienced and knowledgeable on different wireless technologies (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) design, implementation, optimization and troubleshooting.
Application Closing Date