Latest Recruitment and Jobs vacancies at Jedidiah Air this May, 2022
Jedidiah Air Limited (JedAir) is a foremost and renowned aviation services and management company based at Murtala Muhammed Airport in Ikeja, the heart of the city of Lagos, which is also the commercial nerve centre of business and air transport activities in the West African sub region.The company was established in 2001 to provide safe, secure and service driven art transport and logistics solutions to a select group of clients with a view to delivering first-rate air transportation services for goods, select groups and VIPs.
With growing numbers of entrepreneurs, top corporate executives and Ultra-high-net-worth individuals in the country today, JedAir is poised to offer its clients the highest quality of exclusive air transport services and exceptional comfort offered fleet of modern aircraft fitted with state-of-the-art technology to assure the safety of clients and getting them to their destinations in an expeditiously.
In our Sixteen Years history, the company has grown by leaps and bounds and gained the confidence and continued patronage of high profile organisations that have become a strong testament of our drive for excellence, commitment to safety and determination to serve our clients without excuses.
May 2022. Flight Dispatcher
Duties / Responsibilities / Overview
- Flight dispatchers coordinate all activities on the ground at an airport to ensure the safe, quick and efficient turnaround of aircraft from when they land to the time they depart. They are also known as turnaround coordinators (TCOs) or load controllers.
Duties performed depend on the airline you work for and the size of the airport you are based at:
- Monitoring aircraft arrivals and departures and amending turnaround schedules if there are delays
- Liaising with ground crew and ensuring that tasks, such as cleaning, refueling and loading, are completed on time
- Calculating how much fuel is required for the weight of the aircraft and distance of the journey
- Producing a plan of where it should be positioned in the aircraft
- Preparing flight paperwork for the crew, such as printing of flight plans, passenger lists and weather reports
- Checking that all passengers and luggage or cargo is loaded and deciding, along with the pilot, when to close the departure gate
- Ensuring that pre-flight safety and maintenance checks have been carried out
- With the captain, authorizing dispatch of the aircraft and completing all reports and logs according to company regulations
- Operating equipment such as air bridges and driving airside vehicles for transporting crew.
- Performs the pre-flight duties as the cabin crew prepare for the flight
- Provides the pilot with the advised route for an individual flight
- Assesses weather reports and informs the pilot of any hazards
- Makes checks on aircraft maintenance issues
- Reviews aircraft weight, fuel loads and cargo loads
- General duties to ensure the aircraft is safe and ready to fly
- Reports to air traffic control and airport staff about departure times, and after departure, providing reports on aircraft status and predicted arrival times.
- The qualifications needed to become a flight dispatcher include a High school Diploma or any discipline and specialized training in the field.
- You must become certified as an Aircraft Dispatcher through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- This process requires you to complete several courses and exams. Recurrent training through the FAA covers company policies and procedures, aircraft systems, meteorology, and other related information.
- You must also have the ability to adapt to a changing work environment and provide quick and efficient communication. Proficient computer skills are also needed.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- B.Sc qualification in Law
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.