Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Officer | Location: Victoria Island, Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time | JMG Limited
- Support the implementation of the health safety and Environment procedures and foster a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
- Inspect work sites and review working conditions
- Ensure that equipment is installed correctly and safely
- Ensure HSE management system is established within the organization, implemented, and maintained
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
- Implement preventive measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Audit production, offices, and branches, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations
- Carry out regular site inspections to check HSE policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations and give safety advice accordingly
- Keep records of HSE inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Help in creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspect production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe and working in-line with factory ACT
- Advice on the repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focus on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, and environment or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven working experience in Health and Safety role. Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Experience in a unionized environment would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environment principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Physically fit
- Highly attentive to details
- Very good inspection and reporting skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.