Job Title: Program Manager, TA Hub | Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) | Location: Abuja
Job Code: 5174
Contract Duration: Eleven (11) Months
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
- The Program Manager will manage subgrantees as they implement programs/projects. S/he will provide technical support and oversight to TA partners providing TA to the states. The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of service delivery grants in selected states.
The Program Manager will support the TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub to carry-out the following:
- Support states to articulate TA requests for submission to potential donors
- Analyze donor RFPs, coordinate and support the drafting of proposal responses with all parties to ensure all required technical and cost documents are drafted, reviewed, and submitted in accordance to proposal requirement
- Once proposal is won, develop RFP and supporting criteria for subgrantees to respond to
- Coordinate review of proposals by independent review committee
- Review the recommendations of the IRC, and select implementing partners
- Engage selected partners and begin implementation strategy
- Manage the deployment of TA partners to states to provide technical assistance, ensuring states are fully engaged to promote ownership and sustainability
- Institute effective project management systems and processes between the implementing partners
- Work closely with Grants Manager and Finance Manager in managing TA Partners Grants
Manage TA Delivery:
- Manage partnerships and grantee relationships to ensure learning and impact, for example, by conducting site visits, convening meetings of key stakeholders, working closely with M&E specialist and Grants Manager to monitor and evaluate components of grants
- Facilitate problem-solving sessions with implementing partners to ensure effective implementation
- Conduct periodic site visits to project sites to evaluate approach of implementation
- Coordinate KMC, MEL and IR components of the TA Hub
- Review progress of program implementation (using defined KPIs) and supporting implementing partners to resolve bottlenecks through innovative strategies and advocacy
- Provide quality assurance to partners reports and submissions
- Facilitate other TA Hub stakeholder engagement activities
- Ensure the development and timely completion of contract documentation and technical reports, such as: contract deliverables, progress reports, trip reports, strategic plans, workplan revisions, technical and strategy papers, financial reports, and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Collaborate with grant management division to fulfill the reporting requirements throughout the grant award period
- Supervise performance management and impact evaluations of projects
- Support partners in engaging with government
- Participate in partner’s implementation activities to ensure compliance with the TA Hub operating principles
- Maintain a working relationship with key stakeholders (government, donors, and partners)
- Keep key stakeholders updated on progress of implementation (government and donors)
- Assist the finance and grants management team with program reports to aid them in disbursement of funds to subgrantees
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualification
- 7-10 years of proven experience in public health service delivery management in TA Nigerian setting.
- Experience providing advice to government, donor, implementing agency, and other national-level stakeholders in developing countries.
- Have an in depth understanding of the Nigerian health system, as well as economic, social, and political factors that influence health outcomes.
- In-depth experience in broader public health with a strong development orientation backed with excellent management capabilities.
- Experience in managing complex delivery of health programs, with evidence of achievement of significant results whether directly or indirectly influenced.
- Experience in M&E will be an added advantage
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good communications skills
- Excellent oral and written English
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply