Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go – whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Pay Rate $ 10.00 EC dollars and after 90 day probation period $ 10.50 EC dollars
Passenger Service Agents provide efficient, friendly service to all of our customers. Agents promote and sell air travel with American Eagle and American Airlines. Passenger Service Agents complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers such as prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds, prepare and issue tickets, check baggage, as well as collect excess baggage charges.
Passenger Service Agents escort passengers from the terminal to and from the aircraft ensuring a safe path at all times. Additionally, Passenger Service Agents complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers with reservations, stand-bys, luggage, cabin availability and in-flight supplies. Determine flight close-out time, prepare, complete, and check various flight forms for accuracy.
In this role the candidates must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee’s control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated. In this role the employee may be subject to engine fumes, vehicle emissions, dust, and engine noise. The agent is required to check baggage and parcels weighing up to 75 lbs. which involves carrying, bending, lifting, and turning. The agent is also required to meet arriving aircraft by standing to operate a mobile mechanical jet-bridge with a length of up to 110 ft. and weighing approximately 57,000 lbs. It is required that the agent can use depth perception and peripheral vision to extend and position jet-bridge observing all stationary and moving vehicles in the immediate area. Open and close aircraft cabin doors, without assistance, by pushing, pulling, reaching, bending and twisting.
- Minimum age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off
- Flexible to work additional hours with short notice when operationally necessary
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Must have a valid US Visa / Passport / Green Card or any Legal Document to travel to and from the United States
- Pay Rate $ 10.00 EC dollars and after 90 day probation period $ 10.50 EC dollars
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience
Additional Position Details
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
Apply via job overview