The M&E Intern will receive the opportunity to gain valuable capacity in M&E and in the development sector. The key expectations of the Monitoring & Evaluation Intern’s position is to learn to support the M&E Unit in ensuring that MSH’s M&E system within the Country Office is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building and M&E systems strengthening to MSH supported facilities and State M&E Teams.
- Learn and support timely and qualitative data reports to donors and other applicable authorities
- Learn and support data entry into project database and DATIM, review of data entries and running of quality checks on sam
- Learn and support the development and dissemination of project data use products
- Learn and support with the analyses of M & E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action-areas to the thematic lead.
- Learn data quality operations including but not limited to data validation and DQA.
- Learn the filing system and procedures for keeping M&E resource materials, reports, correspondence, meeting reports, training materials and other strategic documents.
- Learn the validation of data in all reporting templates (PMTCT, HTS and ART) monthly for state and USAID.
- Learn through supportive supervision to supported health facilities in the State.
- Any other learning opportunities relevant to you within the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field.
- At least 1- year hands-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART and care desirable.