About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Branch Operations & Support
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
- Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Fund transfer
- Customer inquiry
- Cheque collection/Issuing of Bankers cheque
- Processing of Local and Telegraphic transfers
- Account maintenance
- Balance confirmation
- Customer Complaint handling
- Internal & external reports
- Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2m
- Other assigned duties
- Assist BOSM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
- To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Understand and follow carefully the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
- Act as System admin and have access to the server room
- Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
- “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
- Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering
- Comply with processes/policies which will ensure that on-going operations are in order and which will result in superior delivery of services.
- awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Operational Risk Monitoring
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations
- Outward clearing processing and control
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- the ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Operational Risk Policy
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / CST issues relating to the branch.
- Ensure understanding of the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Customers (Current and Potential)
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Shell RA, PH branch,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications in any higher institution
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations;
- Professional Memberships
- Bank training
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.