Jobs at Umba Inc. Nigeria [2 new vacancies ]
Latest job vacancies at Umba Inc in Nigeria
Umba Inc has recently acquired a 100% stake in a Microfinance Bank in Nigeria. Currently, efforts are in place to recapitalize the Bank and put in place the operational framework. Operations are expected to commence in quarter one for the year 2022.
Umba Recruitment / Jobs
JUNE 23, 2022
Job Title: Internal Audit and Risk Manager |… Read more here
JUNE 23, 2022
Job Title: Junior Finance Analyst | Umba Inc… Read more here
Internal Audit and Risk Manager
| Umba Inc | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full Time
- Reports directly to the Board through the Board Audit and Risk Committee with a dotted line to the general manager.
- The main functions of the Internal Audit Role are to ensure that the Bank has an internal audit plan for the year that is executed effectively, that continuous spot checks are carried out to ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures, that any breaches of policy are immediately reported to the Board Audit Committee, that all risks within the business are identified, have owners and have mitigating controls in place, and to create an environment where risk and control are clearly understood and is taken seriously by all staff.
- Furthermore, the Internal Audit Manager is expected to play an important role in inputting the efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank.
- Responsible for presenting an annual Internal Audit Plan to the Board Audit and Risk Committee for consideration and approval,
- The execution and reporting of results with respect to the Internal Audit Plan.
- Ensuring that the Bank has a current and effective Risk and Control register in place.
- Carrying out spot checks against the Bank’s Policies and Procedures and reporting the results of these spot checks to the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
- Tracking and reporting on the progress of agreed Management Actions in relation to Internal Audits or spot checks.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal control systems.
- Review the effectiveness of the entire risk management framework.
- Review ICT systems, including the Core Banking system, Mobile banking services, and any other peripheral and independent systems used to process customer transactions and bank information (e.g., Payroll systems e.t.c)
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations and reporting all breaches to management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee immediately.
- Ensuring that all policies, procedures, and process maps are current, appropriate, and effective (responsible for oversight, not production which is the responsibility of the relevant business functional holders
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory changes/ proposed changes and advising management appropriately.
- Providing Risk Management and any other relevant training to all staff.
- Carry out Risk Assessments on new products and services.
- Carry out Risk and Control assessments of all outsourced services.
- Identify process breakdowns and operational loopholes and recommend mitigation measures and cost savings.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Certified Public Accountant having completed the relevant professional exams
- An honors First Degree from a recognized university.
- 2-3 years experience of Internal Audit/ Risk Management experience in a regulated Financial Institution.
- S/He must demonstrate good knowledge of the Revised Regulatory and Supervisory Guidelines for Microfinance Banks (MFBs) in Nigeria (2012), Exposure Draft of the Guidelines for the Regulation and Supervision of Microfinance Banks in Nigeria (2019), and banking best practice.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online