Job Title: Junior Accountant | Job Location: Lagos | Edge Recruiter Nigeria
Edge Recruiter Nigeria-Lagos, Our Client is an Energy and Utilities Company based in Lagos State and they are looking for a dedicated, open-minded, assertive Financial Accountant who has a basic knowledge of Financial processes and procedures, and also has the ability to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities in line with the vision of the team.
The accounting team is responsible for tracking all monies spent by the company across all projects and processes, it is critical that we account for all of our Company’s resources. Thus, Accounting is responsible for high quality execution in a way that allows the leadership team to make well-informed decisions.
- Financial Reporting – Responsible for Account Payable Management processes:
- Invoice creation from PO (Purchase Orders), ensuring accurateness and completeness.
- Updated Financing clients’ records and ensuring timely payment
- Invoices payment at agreed period with supplier
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations (Monthly)
- Assist in end of the month processes, financial analysis and modelling
- Participate in the company’s auditing and budgeting
- Responsible for Fixed Asset Accounting processes;
- Responsible for Inventory Accounting processes;
- Responsible for Management Reporting. First-Line Management Reporting
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Provide support for Budget Control & Reporting
- Treasury Management – Provide support for Cash planning & analysis and provide support for Working capital financing;
- Financial & Accounting Systems/Control & Project Budgeting- At the direction of Business Unit Directors, assist in project budgeting with the Project Analyst to ensure materials, logistics and profit are adequately provided for Proper control; preparation, review and documentation of supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects, i.e. Invoices, POs and vouchers.
- Provide support for General Accounting structure, processes and policies.
- Statutory Audit & Tax Management- VAT, With-holding Tax, CIT (Remitting and Filing of VAT and Withholding Tax)
- Provide support during the process of Annual Audit
- Provide support for Tax clearance
- Ability to communicate clearly and attentive listening.
- Basic knowledge of Financial processes and procedures (e.g GAAP)
- Good decision-making skills
- Must be open-minded and be able to pay great attention to details
- Positive attitude with the ability and willingness to learn
- Assertiveness and Professionalism
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities in line with the vision of the team
- Good interpersonal skills (developed by working in similar or relevant role)
- BSc/HND holder (in Accounting or related course)
- Should have an NYSC certificate. (Fresher)
- ICAN/ACCA/CFA student
- Ability to speak and write English language
- Comfortable using computers
- Functional usage of Microsoft office (emphasis on word, excel & powerpoint)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply