Location: GRA, Port Harcourt, Rivers. Job Title: Accountant.
Job Category: Junior Level. Job Type: Full Time
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service logistics company, with specialty in air/sea freight forwarding with international standards, reputable image, high professionalism and consistent quality of service; is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified personnel for the above position.
- Working with senior accountants to develop their knowledge of the accounting industry
- Checking entries for accuracy and making necessary corrections and file documents as needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Processing payment schedules, vouchers and updating accounts payable.
- Maintaining creditors records for the company.
- Processing payroll for the employer.
- Creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory.
- Processing invoice in accounting system.
- Coordinating bank reconciliation
- Facilitating debt collection for the company main company
- Assisting with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Matching invoices for approvals or requests as applicable.
- Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be possess the integrity to uphold best practices and retain transparent records about the organization’s financial records.
- Must have an aptitude for numbers and calculation.
- Must possess good rapport, time management, expert negotiation, strong analytical and organizational skill.
- Must be a good team player with commendable Interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to use accounting software as well as computer software to input and amend data and records.
- Must have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Must be detail oriented to be able to input data accurately and to recognize any errors they or others may have made.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field required.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- 2-3 years working experience as a Junior Accountant.
- Preferably Female.
- Easy commute to GRA.
- ICAN/ACCA is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analysis, critical thinking and evaluation abilities
Method of Application
Using the role “Junior Accountant” as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to [email protected] (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May 2020.