Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty, operating in Nigeria for more than 60 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Administrative Assistant
Location: Kwande, Benue State
- Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- Reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer, the Junior Administrative Assistant provides a range of administrative and financial support to the project categorized by either financial or administrative support to the project in the Field.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and own re-ordering processes
- Ensure a clean and tidy office environment (overseeing the cleaner and the driver)
- Manage social calendar including celebration of staff birthdays and other special occasions
- Help organize specific meetings inside and outside of the office
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed to staff, including to those based overseas
- Manage petty cash
- Ensure that financial records are kept accurate and up to date in the Field
- Process all invoicing
- Petty cashier
- Provide additional support as required to the Finance Officer and Manager.
- Manage outgoing and incoming post
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Manage staff movement register, provide report weekly report of vehicle mileage and update asset register
- Ensure proper filing and updating of all project related documents
- Filing of project-related documents in an office filing cabinet
- Provide travelling support to the team; preparation of Travel Authorization form etc
- Prepare for, support and take minutes at staff meetings
- Support visitors’ visits/appointments with management
- Carry out some external correspondences
- Provide general administrative support to the field team (Ogoja and Benue)
- Carry out any other function as required by the Line Manager.
- HND or BSc in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position, preferably in an International NGO
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Comfortable using own initiative and taking ownership of processes
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Able to handle confidential information.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply