Title: Junior Designer | Location: Lagos | Gecko Five
Gecko Five is positioned to become the fastest growing modern sports media brand in Africa. We aim to create the largest reach and engagement of millennials and Gen Z audiences across Africa.. Every month, African millennial audiences will turn to Gecko Five publications across multiple channels for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging sports today. Gecko Five was founded in 2020 and is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
- This role reports into the Lead Designer and works closely with our content editors, marketing team and sales team.
- The junior designer’s job is to work with the art department to bring big branded content ideas to life through pitch decks, mock-ups, social media design, and more.
- This junior designer will use a combination of design knowledge and learned advertiser objectives to create content for both Gecko Five and our advertising partners.
- An interest in football and sports is a plus, as this junior designer will work closely with the team on material for brands.
- This role is a great place to launch a career in advertising and media where you will be challenged to wear multiple hats, liaise with various departments across the organization, and engage with a broad scope of advertisers.
- Work collaboratively with the branded content team and pre-sale team to design mock ups and presentations for big pitches that our sales team is taking to market to various clients
- Have a multi-faceted design capacity to shift between various types of design work, including printed event collateral, presentation design, web design and more.
- Be passionate about working on a suite of websites / media accounts dedicated to millennial Africans and various topics surrounding football and sports.
- A beginner / intermediate: With an internship or other previous team experience under your belt, you’re ready to take on a new and exciting role.
- Technical: You are a master of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Collaborative: You love to brainstorm and work with others, whether you are 1-1 with an art director or rolling your sleeves up with the team, you do your part to contribute to the creation of a killer execution.
- Communicative: As a junior designer your goal is to communicate a complex set of ideas, visually, in the most simplistic and direct, manner. That expertise in communication should be expressed in all of your dealings with team members across the organization.
- Detailed Oriented: You are able to manage multiple projects at once while while maintaining attention to detail with each project.
- A self-starter: Always curious and excited to learn with one finger to the pulse of the latest trends in advertising and media
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV & Portfolio to: [email protected] using ” title” as subject of the email.