Job Title: Junior Developer
- As a Martian (yes, that is what we refer to our staff as), you will be expected to Listen to, respect, and care for our clients.
- Care for our team members and share your knowledge and victories.
- Be willing to constantly improve yourself and your team.
- Get things done without sacrificing quality or putting our clients at risk.
- We invest in our people through in-house training and certifications. We are a remote-first company and offer flexible work hours. We offer you a company laptop.
- Deimos fosters a dynamic and stimulating work environment that promotes growth and learning. You can be expected to be exposed to many projects, technologies, and teams when working at Deimos.
- Consistently have a good grasp of frontend and backend technologies and frameworks; Stay abreast of new technologies
- Write clean and optimized code for both frontend and backend applications
- Work with SQL and non-relational database management systems
- Participate in code reviews
- Ability to Interact or consume APIs and help design new API services.
- Practice test-driven development by writing unit tests, functional or UI tests
- Participate in the continuous integration and delivery of applications
- Contribute to documentation, functional specifications, design documents when required
- Assist in debugging and troubleshooting applications when issues arise in a timely fashion
- Continuously innovate: Search for a better solution. Then top it.
- Familiarity in server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and Dotnet.
- Understanding of modern front-end frameworks such as Angular JS, React, and Amber.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A passion for software engineering.
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- A willingness to always improve.
Application Closing Date
18th May 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deimos is a development and operations consultancy that prides itself on being the best of the breed. We work with companies of all sizes to ensure that their technology eco-systems are scalable, secure, redundant, cost-effective, and performant.
We pride ourselves on innovating and pushing the edge. We are focused on the cloud. Whether it is AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure. We are comfortable and experienced in them all.