Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Job Title: Knowledge & Communications Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Knowledge & Communications Officer, under the supervision of the Program Manager would oversee the organization’s communication programs, prepare media briefings and engagements, be responsible for the organization’s knowledge & communication interface with different target audiences, handle the organization’s social media platforms, liaise with the media – Print, Electronic and Online and double as the Public Relations focal point for the organization.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective knowledge and communications strategy based on target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s / project’s activities, products and/or services to the public.
- Prepare, edit and ensure that contents and updates meet acceptable editorial standards prior to publishing
- Work with relevant teams to identify, highlight donor success stories, lessons learnt and best practices
- Work with the media to create publicity and visibility for project activities implemented at respective locations across the country
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews.
- Collate program activities reports for the organization’s website
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Post events and reports on the organization’s website and social media handles.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Support the preparation of the organization’s quarterly newsletter and write Annual Reports
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the CEO.
- The candidate is required to possess a good First Degree in the Social Sciences, Mass Communication or Journalism. Master’s Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- 4-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, FrameMaker, PageMaker, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite usage, content management system software, and social media platforms management.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).