Bureau Veritas | Job Location: Nigeria
- To carry out and report analysis in accordance to the Laboratory capabilities, either individually or as part of a team, to pre-set targets and to support the parameters defined by the Laboratory Manager.
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor of Science Degree/HND in Chemistry, Pure & Applied Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry and Chemistry related Field.
- Minimum of 2 years Analytical Laboratory Testing Experience in a research/Food/Pharmaceutical/FMCG Laboratory.
- Knowledge of HPLC, LCMSMS, GCMSMS, ICP, IC etc., will be an added advantage.
Competencies & Skills:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Basic understanding of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Understanding of AOAC and ISO Methods
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure within time limits by determining priorities and organizing work accordingly.
- Adaptable to change
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out analysis to a high degree of accuracy and quality in conformance with established methods, instruction and quality standards
- To carry out analysis on a wide range of commodities, raw and processed Food products, Water and Soil or materials as specified in the Laboratories capability documents under own initiative, or as directed by the Laboratory Management in strict accordance with the relevant approved controlled procedures
- To calculate, understand and verify results
- Adheres to company Code of Ethics Policy.
- Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses.
- Data entry into LIMS may also be required.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) when conducting any laboratory work or procedure.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample prep and analysis.
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Prioritizes daily workload based on sample and client requirement.
- Provides Supervisor/Manager with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Understands analysis procedures and problem solves issues.
- Identifies any non-routine samples and seeks guidance on procedures for handling.
- Identifies and communicates non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Maintains training records and relevant qualifications.
- Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized.
- Participates, when requested in Department and Health & Safety meetings.
- Participates, when requested in internal and external audits.
- Provides training, technical expertise and mentoring to new staff.
- Proactive in ensuring that consumable supplies are available in the lab.
- Ensures that instruments and equipment are appropriately maintained.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- To assist in the cleaning and tidying of the Laboratory, in order to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- To perform any other duties as reasonably requested by your Superiors
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online