Job Title: Laboratory Technician | Egbin Power Plc | Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, | Job Type: Full Time
- To ensure the proper maintenance and storage of the laboratory chemicals and equipment assist in the smooth operation of daily laboratory activities by providing support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine collection of samples from demineralization and neutralization sump pits.
- Preparation of lye at hydrogen plant and determination of its concertation.
- Sewage treatment and collection of sewage sample for analysis.
- Responsible for the preparations of chemicals for the water treatment plant.
- Cleaning of laboratory equipment, glass ware, and the work benches.
- Collation of data on water consumption for steam turbines 1 – 6 units.
- Sampling of water from the demineralization plant, fresh water tanks, potable water tank, wells for routine analysis.
- Sampling of bulk chemicals including oil and arrangement of the chemical warehouse.
- Sampling of wastewater from the plant – lagoon intake, discharge canal and final discharge.
- Support in the analysis of lube oil and transformer oil.
- Partake in the flue gas monitoring and analysis.
Education & Work Experience
- OND in Science and Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or any other relevant science course.
- 0 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with relevant modern laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of chemical inventory valuation and management techniques
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of laboratory techniques and practices
- Good knowledge of laboratory safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Understanding of the chemistry cycle of a power plant
- Good understanding of laboratory reagents and their storage procedure
- Knowledge of safe working procedures for chemical handling
- Good analytical ability
- Problem-solving and attention to details
- Good written and oral communication Skills
- Good use of MS Office tools
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.