Adker | Title: Legal Administrative Assistant | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Type: One year Contract
- The primary job description is to act as the Legal Administrative Assistant to the General Counsel and the Legal team.
- Provision of legal office and secretariat administrative support to the General Counsel including but not limited to the recording and retrieving of legal drafts, files, documents and templates
- Assist in proper coordination and safe custody of agendas, minutes books; resolutions, statutory registers, legal instruments, title documents, contracts, corporate policies, process manuals and follow- ups etc. for the Dept.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in both paper and electronic filing system for the Dept.
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems of the department as directed by the General Counsel.
- Processing of external solicitors invoices for payments and record keeping
- Assist with proper diarizing and timely follow-ups in order to ensure effective monitoring of Litigation and Contract Management by the Legal Dept.
- Assist in the administration of searches in respect of companies and landed properties etc.
- Assist to conduct legal research in rendering accurate legal opinion and high standard of commercial practice
- Co-ordinate the administration of the Legal Library, update and keep record of books.
- Ensure that the filing system is updated and properly serialized. Assist with proper documentation/ record keeping of all matters.
- Assist in preparations for Board meetings, AGM and other Company meetings. Also assist in collation of Board Papers and issuance of notices for meetings.
- Maintain list and addresses of Directors, Audit Committee, Shareholders’ Association and prepare allowances and entitlements due to same.
- Collate and prepare shareholder queries for onward transmission to the registrars.
- Assist in Legal research to enhance company compliance and collate quarterly reports.
- LLB, BL is compulsory
- Minimum of 3 years post call to bar experience
- Professional qualification from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries will be an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, power point and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our client.