Legal & Company Secretarial Officer | Location: Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria | BP Solutions Africa
A Paint and Chemicals manufacturing company
The Legal and Company Secretarial Officer will join the Legal team to provide legal and company secretarial support to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser with particular focus on driving corporate governance for the company and also providing legal advisory support, company secretarial support and regulatory compliance support.
- Providing corporate governance support to the company in order to ensure proper and seamless governance in accordance with best practices.
- Keep up to date on all applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines including keeping track of any proposed changes, updates, repeals and re-enactments relating thereto and advising the relevant business function as appropriate. Providing summaries on proposed enactments or changes to applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines and keeping abreast of and timely notification of applicable legislative processes including town hall meetings, bill passages, etc.
- Providing company secretarial and administrative support with respect to management meetings, board meetings, board committee meetings of the organisation, including assisting to prepare the board packs and follow up with relevant functions as required, assisting to prepare notices, take and draft minutes as assigned.
- Providing company secretarial support with respect to the keeping and managing of corporate records of the organisation, including preparing required corporate forms and resolutions for filing at the CAC, SEC, NSE, FRCN and obtaining required signatures, keeping the corporate registers up to date and providing all such other assistance as may be required.
- Maintain internal legal registers and dashboards relating to contracts, applicable laws and regulations, litigation, investments, governance and manage the legal document management and filing system.
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of legal matters related to the company’s operations and businesses and providing legal assistance with respect to drafting of legal contracts in order to reduce risks and liabilities and adequately protect its interests.
- Manage litigation and property portfolio of the company.
The incumbent is required to have
- A university Degree in law with a minimum qualification of second class upper in Law school.
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum qualification of second class upper.
- Experience of between 5 to 7 years with strengths in legal advisory/company secretarial roles or general business advisory.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) or Nigerian equivalent (ICSAN) an added advantage.
Experience within a Public Limited Company (PLC) is a strong advantage
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply