Job Title: Legal Counsel | AZA Finance | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Job Type: Full time
Category: Legal & Compliance
- We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who will assist the Senior Legal Counsel in ensuring that effective legal support is provided to commercial teams, to propose and implement improvements to current legal processes and to assist the Senior Legal Counsel where needed.
- We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, innovative, pragmatic, energetic and passionate. Someone who can operate with a high sense of urgency and accuracy with minimal supervision.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting operational teams with legal advice on contracts and service agreements), framework agreements and related agreements having a particular focus Finance & Payments.
- Administration of due diligence activities and review of associated documentation (both regulatory and legal in nature) in line with internal processes and requirements.
- Provision of legal support in a range of other legal matters including company secretarial, data protection and financial regulation.
- Participating in corporate project work and providing as hoc company/commercial legal advice.
- Identifying, monitoring and managing legal risks affecting the group’s businesses and advising on the impact of those risks and measures to mitigate them.
- Supporting the management of legal priorities and objectives within the business.
- Building relationships with commercial colleagues and embedding awareness of legal risk management and corporate policy issues.
- Developing legal precedents in line with legal, regulatory and corporate environment.
- Undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- Ensue that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimised through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as provide relevant support to functional departments and, when necessary Executive Committee.
- Carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- Travel when required in line with business needs.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a top tier firm or mid-level firm. (in-house experience with a fin-tech will be an added advantage)
- Corporate Commercial law experience.
- Transaction advisory experience working in a top tier firm or mid-level firm
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organised, strong attention to detail, and process-oriented
- Energetic and flexible
- Reliable, independent, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.· …… and more!!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply