Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Librarian
Job Location: Abuja
- Select, maintain and manage all resources and stock within the library facilities.
- Guide and assist staff to make the best use of the library services and facilities.
- Liaise with staff to develop a stock selection policy that ensures the provision of relevant resources to cover various units and departments.
- Participate in the planning and development of programmes for information handling skills and literacy within the organisation.
- Develop and deliver induction training and other training programmes for new and existing users of the library services and facilities.
- Assist with archiving and displaying information and materials.
- Ensure that staff are familiar with the use of enquiry and circulation features of the library management systems.
- Arrange library resources and materials in a way that promotes effective retrieval, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library resources and materials. Disseminate information relating to resources to staff as appropriate.
- Carry out the routine procedures associated with the ordering, receipt and distribution of medical materials and Psychological tools.
- Prepare materials and collections for use, distribution or disposal.
- Carry out routine procedures associated with the request system and inter-library loans.
- Set up and reorganise library facilities as required, including moving and reorganising stock, materials and resources.
- Design and implement library technologies (library management system, subject/research guide system, electronic resources management) to enhance library services.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of a Second-Class Honors Degree in Library Science. A Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Certificate/ Discharge Certificate.
- Minimum of two – four years’ work experience minimum.
- Must possess high level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must possess excellent IT Skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be “Librarian – Abuja” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline Date: 12th March, 2020