Job Title: Lien Management Officer (LMO)
Job Identification: 545
Job Type: Full-time
- Review lien removal requests from Business Units and recommend to Team Lead for concurrence/ approval.
- Review shipping documents release request from Business Units and recommend to Team Lead for approval.
- Ensure effective performance of credit monitoring functions on Small – medium size loan portfolio with low – mid complexity
- Conduct and document a quarterly performance review on accounts in assigned portfolio and to highlight management action including classification that may be required on the accounts
- Review and supervise the activities of the small-medium size loan portfolio
- Post disbursement review to confirm compliance with approved conditions subsequent to drawdown on facilities and follow up on exceptions on an on-going basis
- Escalation of observed exceptions on post disbursement review to Business Unit.
- Execute credit monitoring functions and reporting on the following portfolio categories and make recommendations to Team Lead to correct exceptions
- Expired & expiring facilities;
- Accounts in excess of approved limits;
- Accounts with unauthorized balances and
- Finnone accounts with overdue loan repayment and interest charges
- Non-performing Overdrafts
- Watchlist facilities
- Impaired Facilities
- Identify other exceptions and ensure that RMs/GHs regularize these exceptions identified within stipulated timelines.
- Generate data and present accounts for classification/declassification to Team Lead for further review and analysis
- Support in first level remedial activity on Small to Medium accounts designated by management and not yet transferred to RBU
- Review reports for Criticized Assets Committee meetings for the following category to address portfolio exceptions, follow up on CAC resolutions and make appropriate recommendations for management’s informed decisions;
- Group Head Level Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- Line Executive Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- CRO/MD Level Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- Work with Information Technology on continuous process improvement.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and other departments (BPM, Legal Services, Internal Audit/Operations/Control etc.) for effective credit monitoring as required by job function
- Assist to provide update on request from regulators and examiners during periodic review and ongoing basis.
- Monthly review and follow up on Bonds & Guarantee issued on behalf of customers and Inward BG securing the banks facilities.
- Review of Warehousing Stock report vis a vis customers exposure to the bank.
- Resolution of issues on black book managed by Credit Risk Management
- Preparation of Credit Print out (LADRAM) in format required by CBN/NDIC Auditors incorporating IFRS 9 requirements in terms DPD, LGD, etc.
- Work at resolving exceptions on account management issues emanating from audit and examinations with relevant stakeholders
- Implement the Bank’s Account Management Responsibility Policy.
- Very good First Degree in any discipline and any additional qualification
- Minimum experience: 2 years of relevant banking experience with at least 2years in Risk Management, Credit Analysis or Relationship Management function.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of banking practices and policies, products and processes Statistics
- Banking structure and procedures.
- Core Banking Processes and applications such as Finacle
- Industry knowledge
- An in-depth knowledge of Credit Management processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Interpersonal skills
- IT and Computer appreciation
- Communications skills (written and oral)
- Attention to details
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Reporting skills
- Must be solution driven, proactive and have acceptable knowledge of the business environment
- Performance Measurement & Assessment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online