Job Title: Loan Review Officer | Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited | Location: Oyingbo, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading Microfinance bank with its corporate head office at 10 Apapa Road, Oyingbo, Ebute-metta.
From inception the bank has tirelessly set the pace for other Microfinance financial institutions to follow; in terms of service quality, product functionality and exceptional customer service. The bank is strategically positioned to offer financial services support to small and micro-enterprises in Nigeria. Since commencement of its operation, the bank has grown from its humble beginning to a mid size microfinance bank making it among the best microfinance bank in Nigeria however the aim of the bank is to be among the best in Africa.
The specific and general functions of the Review Officer are as stated below:
Review of all company loan and asset Management:
- Monthly reconciliation of loan before deductions.
- Ensuring full rendition of disbursement, settlement and deduction reports.
- Collating and submitting of deduction schedule.
- Refund of customers.
- Identified accounts that are above sanctioned limits, pending payments and non-performing loans.
- Generates a detailed list of non-performing loans according to severity of delinquency.
- Ensure a second level review of loan before disbursement, settlement and deduction reports.
- Accounting for accurate and proper document vetting, loan document scanning and transaction data capturing by the loan operators.
- Ensure that all loans and asset products of the company are reviewed within the TAT.
Budget & performance Management:
- Track DSEs performance at the State Level.
- Controls expenses to meet the state budget.
- Provides timely feedback (daily, weekly, monthly and Quarterly reports) to the Public Sector Head.
Risk Management and Capacity Development:
- Ensure the State NPL and PDOs are within set thresholds and always below company’s average.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated within the team in the states.
- Ensure that all DSEs meet and/or exceed their monthly budget.
- Maintains contact with key decision makers within the state to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and business continuity.
- Manage internal relationship within the state.
Leadership and Capacity Building:
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow up.
- Set examples for DSEs in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habit.
- Conduct regular training, coaching and counseling within the DSEs in the state.
The minimum entry requirement for this role is:
- A good HND / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any Social Science field, professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar roles.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel and Accounting software
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must have strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and must be highly spontaneous.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply