British American Tobacco (BAT) | Location: Ibadan | Title: Local Supply Manager
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Local Supply Manager to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
Our new colleague will have to ensure WMS (Wrapping Material Stock) requirement/Supplies, Leaf and Spares necessary to meet approved stock durations and production for BAT WAA are achieved. Ensure that requisitions are processed for OTIF (On Time in Full) procurement of WMS and spares. Effectively manage total pipeline inventory to keep the cash flow within budget. Maintain adequate relationship with Import team, NPI (New Product Introduction) coordinator, Factory Scheduler, Manufacturing, Commercial and other stakeholders. Provide up to date management information on trends and events to enhance rapid decision making within materials and spares function.
To ensure that new products or material changes are driven with minimal write off and delivered OTIF. Develop an effective tracking of all planned changes or brand introductions. Maintain adequate relationship with WAA Commercial and other stakeholders to achieve perfect alignment on all planned changes. Provide up to date management information and reporting to enhance decision making and guide the right compromise.
- Maintain continuous supply of WMS, Leaf and Spares to meet the production plan and machine maintenance while maintaining inventory levels within target policies.
- Continuously analyses data and generate accurate report of WMS and Spares supplies to BAT Nigeria from Suppliers. Continuously review business processes and identify opportunities for improvement in business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure SAP is set up to fully utilize benefits of MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Put in place validation and verification procedures for all data input to MRP to ensure Planning of WMS and Spares are accurate and in line with policy.
- Measure and track OTIF delivery of WMS and Spares
- Proactively anticipate and manage potential risks and advise rescheduling of production if plan cannot be met due to WMS.
- Maintain WMS write off register and coordinate all stakeholders to minimize write off, aggressively identifying innovative ways of utilizing ‘slow moving materials’ as well as materials with zero usage.
- Continuously track all planned changes and proactively engage all stakeholders to manage deviations and deliver OTIF with minimal losses and exceptional costs.
- Proactively anticipate and manage potential risks due to planned changes
- Participate in PDT (Product Development Team) and NPI project meetings as key supply chain representative.
- Coordinate all stakeholders to articulate all dimensions of a planned change and put in sufficient plans and controls to deliver OTIF
- Manage the supply of materials for trails in conjunction with QA (Quality Assurance) ensuring all such materials pass through the required due diligence before commercial ordering commences.
- To facilitate the wrapping materials bond clearing process through maximum use of the bonded warehouse to optimize the company’s cash flow while maintaining materials supply.
- Manage suppliers to ensure smooth relationship and no supply disruptions
- Develop the program for risk assessment, mobilize departmental risk assessment committee and ensure participation.
- Operate within cash flow plan by managing WMS and Spares inventories
- Manage WMS and Spares exceptional cost and write off budget.
- Ensure there are no control break down within the NPI or WMS/Spares planning function
- Timely follow up on audit actions
- Ensuring that WMS and Spares status, NPI updates, exceptional cost, write off and other relevant information required for SOP (strategy and operating planning) meetings are promptly prepared and reported accurately.
- Operate within budget for all planned changes
- Develop and embed continuous improvement culture in SC Supply chain
- Ensure continuous improvement and development of the team through coaching, formal training, etc
- Develop and agree effective IDP’s (internal development plans) with the team and ensure same is implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Logistics or Supply Chain Area
- Preferably 4-5 years of professional experience (minimum of 2 years) in material planning area; preferably within a large FMCG company
- Secondary professional experience in supply chain would be a plus
- Top level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, strong SAP and Microsoft PowerPoint knowledge
- Ability to manage a team with proven experience
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proficiency in English language
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.