Logistics Assistant (Drivers) American University of Nigeria
Locations: Damaturu-Yobe, Maiduguri-Borno and Yola-Adamawa
Slot: 3 Openings
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project and Logistics Officer.
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- The Logistics Assistant (Driver) is in charge of driving staff to various destinations.
- The position holder will also provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- The Driver is in charge of driving staff to various destinations.
- Provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- Daily cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm, travels after 6pm must have prior approval of the AG&C.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled accurately, timely and regularly.
- Report to the PD and Project/Logistics Officer of any accidents or issues involving the project vehicles.
- Compliance with motor vehicle and travel policy of AUN and the Project regulations.
- Ensure vehicles have tool kit, jack, umbrella, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of SSCE and Trade test is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience with International organization with ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Certificate on professional driving is an added advantage.
- Must have valid class B driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Hausa is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience with INGO or knowledge of Donors policy on driving and vehicle usage is an advantage.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
26th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.