Business Development Manager AME | Maersk | Location: Lagos
We offerBy joining APM Terminals, you can expect:
- An dynamic working environment at one of our terminals in Africa or our Regional Office in Dubai.
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the job portal and include a CV in English in their application.
At APM Terminals we will complete background checks for all positions. This position will remain posted until Sunday 16 May 2021.
Key responsibilitiesProject management
- Identify, screen, evaluate and develop projects.
- Assess the commercial attractiveness and feasibility of investments, make recommendations to Senior Management on divestment/investment decisions and prepare proposals for and conduct negotiation processes.
- Coordinate project planning in cooperation with requisite responsible functions and review of the respective functional input with a critical eye and ability to challenge (Commercial, OPS, Civil).
- Lead smaller projects and provide support/co-leads larger ones from concept to conclusion. Establish positions on all key aspects (e.g., scope, valuation, shareholding, governance).
- Provide communication planning and relevant presentation material on the investment value proposition for mainly external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development/strategizing of solutions to customize project requirements.
Business development (Growth)
- Identify leads via networking, events and/or other sources and establishes and develops relationships with executives within targeted markets and sectors.
- Comfortable and confident in meeting and negotiating with high level government officials and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain market awareness regarding market developments, supply/demand, pricing, competition etc., through internal and external sources and networking
- Develop and manage Project/Opportunity Pipeline.
- Proactively work independently to deliver business objectives and understanding the barriers to success, creatively driving solutions.
- Provide detailed industry and competitor information and analysis to management.
- Strategy planning for market segment or geography, review of market entry options.
We are looking for
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mind to overcome business and legal constraints.
- Relevant experience with Public Private Partnership (PPP) practices and understanding of key risks and opportunities in concession agreements in port or similar infrastructure business
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with overall M&A process, including deal structuring and preparing and conducting due diligence.
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to conduct negotiations in an international environment.
- Clear focus on customers, performance of the business, growth and results.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Existing network within shipping, maritime, terminals industry is an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet terminal teams, government officials, customers or other external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). Possess empathy, personal tact, and multi-cultural understanding.
- Outgoing person with the ability to establish contact easily and eagerness to deliver (growth).
- Drive, intellectual curiosity and interest in taking on new tasks.
- Well-organized, timely, and persistent.
- High level of initiative and responsibility, self-reliant action.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience with/in responsibility in strategy, M&A or Business/Corporate Development
- Fluent in English; fluent in French is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply