Maersk Job Vacancies and Recruitment in Nigeria – Lagos, Rivers etc
A.P. Moller–Maersk Group, also known as Maersk, is a Danish business conglomerate with activities in the transport and logistics and energy sectors. Maersk is the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world. The company is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, with subsidiaries across 130 countries and around 90,000 employees.
Maersk is the world’s largest shipping company. Its success is a combination of factors: Denmark’s geography, Denmark’s maritime tradition, and the strong personalities of the Møller family who founded Maersk.
In 1850 Peter Maersk Møller was a cabin boy. Moller became a captain’s mate and eventually a sea captain for Jeppesen Ships. Captain Peter Mærsk Møller commanded numerous ships owned by his father-in-law. In the late 1880s, Peter Mærsk Møller decided to move into steamships and acquired the small steamer Laura and set up Svendborg Steamship Company in the Danish port of Svendborg. When he acquired the Laura he decorated the smokestack, or funnel, with a funnel sign consisting of a seven-pointed star. This star became the Maersk logo and is seen today in all major world ports.
Title: Customer Experience Agent | Maersk | Ref.: MA-273437 | Location: Lagos | Category: Customer Service
- Maersk Nigeria is currently looking to hire a Customer Experience Agent to join our team in Lagos.
He/she will be responsible to:
- Ensures that all import/export requirements are maintained to ensure the timely departure of import/export cargo as per service delivery requirements
- Reports daily movements, service failure issues and other challenges to Team Lead
- Provide proactive support to own customers across all the service channels
- Coordinate inland delivery processes
- Ensure that as a company Maersk always abides by the statutory requirements.
- Maintains data integrity through accurate inputs/updates to all related systems
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in reducing customer efforts through collaboration and data-driven approach
- Identify and provide advocacy for methods and measures to drive inland , positioning and storage costs down
- Actively own the follow up on ocean booking and L&S files to ensure we deliver as promised and proactively update customers on deviations.
- The main responsibility of the position is to ensure a smooth operation / service delivery of all shipments
- Ensure that customers are daily updated on the status of their cargo.
- Follow local Customer Experience procedures which are in line with global SOP.
- Daily TrakIT Updates to ensure we have a record of the shipment status
- Use designated systems as the daily tools.
- Keep close track of client shipments and ensure you perform in accordance with the signed contracts and SOPs. Communicate non-conformance of service and data quality.
- Regular receipt of manifests and ensure that documentation and railing / trucking of containers is done in time.
- Receipt of Shipping instructions coordinate booking with documentation
- Coordinate the positioning of trucks for loading and dispatch of loaded and well sealed trucks to Mombasa with full documentation.
- Coordinate processing of CHB for both Exports and Imports either with Vendor or Internally.
- Ensure operational efficiencies are brought to the attention of the delivery Manager and incorporated.
- Ensure that customer service is of the highest standard
Cost Leadership and Transparency:
- Reach the best optimized operation for maximum cost saving.
- Liaise with Sales and CX to ensure all costs are correctly captured and recovered from Customer
- Identify and report potential risks and issues while implementing global delivery SOP
- Maintain daily operation communication with internal and external customers, including order validation and acceptance.
- Meet customer’s satisfaction per customer service’s instruction
- Ensure all queries related to delivery from internal and external parties are attended quickly and properly.
- Respond to all enquiries via email, letter or telephone in a timely manner no later than 24 hours after receipt.
- Be punctual to work and all business appointments.
- Ensure that the Maersk Line vision and core values guide you.
- Make suggestions for improvements in all matters within your area of responsibility
- Actively take part in the process of understanding the interaction and cooperation between all sections and departments, and personally use this knowledge to contribute to smooth daily tasks
- Daily work order dispatch statistics.
- Timely report system error or other problems and take record.
We are Looking For
- International Shipping, transportation Planning, Logistics management, Customer Service, Communication, Sales and Leadership skills.
- Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
- Fluent English. Writing/Speaking.
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world.
- We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers.
- This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply