Job Title: Maintenance Officer | Cedarcrest Hospitals
Job code: #TL00006
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
- The Maintenance Officer reporting primarily to the Assistant Technical Manager and secondarily to the Senior Maintenance Officer, will be responsible for coordinating all installation, repair, and upkeep operations of Cedarcrest Hospitals facilities and equipment.
- The incumbent will be responsible for inspecting different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance.
- Tasks include plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning system maintenance
- The duties of the Maintenance Officer include; conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment, performing preventative maintenance, handling basic repairs and maintenance, overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary, diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them, and repairing machines and equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Cedarcrest Hospital facilities and equipment.
- Identifies and reports maintenance issues pertaining to the hospital facilities and equipment to the Senior Maintenance Officer.
- Ensure prompt delivery of assigned mechanical or electrical works.
- Carry out routine checks for faulty equipment in the hospital and ensuring they are promptly fixed.
- Responsible for installing all mechanical or electrical appliances or equipment in the hospital.
- Assists the Senior Maintenance Officer in the development of annual (or periodic) maintenance budget for Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Handles Cedarcrest Hospitals equipment with the utmost care and taking responsibility for keeping them in their best possible state at all times.
- Maintaining effective inventory and loss control program for the supplies, part tools, and equipment of the department.
- Ensuring that the process and procedures for call-outs, maintenance, and installations, as well as standard operating procedures, are strictly adhered to.
- Assisting and updating maintenance operating procedures and ensuring implementation.
- Ensuring the continuous effective reduction in the cost of repairs and maintenance of Cedarcrest Hospitals equipment, through the strict compliance to manufacturers’ precautionary guidelines.
- Keeping maintenance logbook and reporting daily activities.
- Participating in the periodic inspection of Cedarcrest Hospitals facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues.
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems, and repairs.
- Maintain medical gas services by ensuring correct stocking levels of cylinders and bulk oxygen.
- Perform testing on the Generator weekly.
- Assist in the collection / transportation / assembly / dismantling of goods / equipment within Cedarcrest Hospital.
- Carry out Fire Alarm testing as and when required. Keep fire exits clear at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Diploma in Engineering, Facility Management, or a similar field is preferred.
- Knowledge in ICT will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations.
- Good understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge of handling hospital types of machinery and equipment.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies.
- Adhere to Cedarcrest Hospital infection control policy.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital.
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Position title and Code” as subject of the email application.