Job Title: Maintenance Planning Technician | SPIE Oil & Gas | Job Location: Nigeria
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities.
SPIE NIGERIALIMITED is currently looking for a MAINTENANCE PLANNING TECHNICIAN to join the team in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Location : Onshore
Your activities will include :
- Prepares site maintenance operations
Plans maintenance operations (routine and short-term) taking into account the spare parts and resources.
- Anticipates plans and requests the logistical means necessary for smooth maintenance operations, taking the various constraints into account when planning and carrying out operations.
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to work permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Prepares all interventions using the CMIMS and resourcing team under his responsibility.
- Manages and executes the JV site’s local planning requirements,
- Provides direct co-ordination of preventative maintenance activities with the onshore Technical Methods team and specifically the Onshore Planning Engineer.
- Organizes the delivery and movement of spare parts according to the requirements of maintenance operations.
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings with site.
- Co-ordinates the management and update of CMIMS master-data with COMPANY and onshore Methods team and Onshore Planning Engineer.
- Ensures the accurate and timely closeout of all CMIMS Work orders and ensures accurate and adequate history in the activity report
- Identifies in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand.
- Ensures all (preventative or corrective) is accurately resourced and that all materials and services are provided to the site and work location.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and if need be, suggests improvement.
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to the CSR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable.
- Develops and provides all short term planning for the field’s activities.
- Provides any ad-hoc reports as directed by the COMPANY.
- Ensures through the use of internal tools the coordination, mobilization and planning of all required vendors (e.g. contractors and subcontractors or SMC’s).
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A level+ 3years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- The ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
Languages: English necessary. French an advantage.
He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability, Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply