Full Job Description
- To develop and maintain third party advocacy relationships for MTNN.
- Implementation of media relations’ strategy.
- Develop and maintain corporate events/protocol strategy
- Developing and deploying content & strategies that shape perception of MTN in line with business objectives;
- Developing issues management strategies and ensuring that the MTN perspective gains acceptance in the media/public spaces;
- Drive strategy that would ensure MTN has influence and commands respect in the traditional media and among personalities and institutions useful to MTN;
- Developing viable platforms to harness advocates and promote the MTN point of view;
- Identify & exploit initiatives, causes, situations, facts that elicit empathy and understanding of the MTN point of view;
- Build goodwill for MTN through leveraging strategic sponsorships and other PR deployments;
- Organize high quality events at maximum value extraction which perpetuate a positive perception of MTN.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- B.Sc. in public relations or in a related discipline.
- Membership of professional PR association is necessary
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in media management in a world-class organization / multinational
- Experience in managing corporate events as well as corporate sponsorship strategy
- Experience in developing and executing external communication strategies, stakeholder engagement & information channel manageme
Minimum qualification BA, BEd, BSc or HND
About MTN Group
MTN Group Limited, formerly M-Cell, is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.