Job Recruitment Title: Manager, Internal Audit | Sparkle Nigeria | Location: Lagos Nigeria | Category: Strategy & Operations
- As the Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for managing an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Sparkle’s operations by providing risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services to support and improve the system of risk management, internal control and governance.
- Reporting to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee, with functional reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and setting priorities for Sparkle’s Internal Audit function.
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing the internal audit function, assessing and reporting on the state and effectiveness of Sparkle’s internal controls and lastly managing financial, operational, and compliance audits and special investigations for Sparkle.
Roles & Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Execution:
- Leveraging Sparkle’s organization wide strategic, operational, financial and compliance targets and related risk profiles to effectively set the strategic direction and priorities of the Internal Audit function.
- Provide specialized expertise to business operations and functional teams, to ensure business risks are managed appropriately and kept up to date with evolving business needs.
- Identify and make recommendations to the Leadership Team on designing improvement opportunities to controls and operational processes to achieve Sparkle’s compliance objectives.
Governance, Risk & Control Frameworks:
- Evaluate Management’s risk-taking posture and awareness of the risks associated with their area
- Apply knowledge of internal audit methodology, and drive adherence to guidance to ensure quality
- Challenge processes and procedures to reflect governance best practice
- Perform risk assessments to conduct the appropriate type of engagement (assurance vs advisory) based on the risk assessment and business need
- Communicate the results of audit work to specified standards, and use frequent communication and to ensure timely validation and remediation by Management
- Work proactively with our External Auditors to determine areas where assistance and direct audit reliance can be provided by Internal Audit.
- Regularly meet with the External Auditors to discuss the internal and external audit plans and to share knowledge of any issues. These meetings shall ensure that the roles of the two functions are coordinated, avoiding duplication of effort to the extent that the Auditing Standards allow it.
- Maintain a professional audit staff with proficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certification to meet the requirement of the audit function.
- Build, attract and retain team members through strong best in class talent acquisition, performance management through reviews and feedbacks, talent development, engagement.
- Manage functional communications and cross departmental audit projects when appropriate.
- Manage the team’s completion of the audit plan, ensuring that audits/projects progress as planned with respect to scope, budget and timetable.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, and / or Economics is required
- 7+ years’ progressive audit management experience (ideally in the financial services sector).
- Professional Certification in internal or external audit
- A hands-on, operationally oriented and value-added approach to audit operations.
- Capable of developing excellent business relationships in all areas of the organization.
- Expert in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Information Technology general controls and IT security leading practices.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with governance of information management systems.
- Previous experience with PCIDSS, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2019
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and best practices. Keeps apprised of new or amendments to legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact across all functions within the organization, to lead and affect process change and improvements.
- Ability to form relationships based on trust with all internal colleagues and external stakeholders (e.g. Regulators).
- High degree of integrity to handle confidential assignments.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Top 15 Countries To Migrate To For Job Opportunities / Economic ProsperityIn this article, we will be talking about countries that you can migrate to… Read more »