MTN Nigeria | Job Title: Manager, Value Added Services | Location: Lagos
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Responsible for the design, planning and optimization of MTNN’s VAS and Digital services platforms and solutions to achieve a cost effective and optimal design for VAS and Digital Services, and drive timely deployment of quality products and services in line with the business strategic objectives, while managing a team of people, technology and financial resources.
- Manage the analysis, design and delivery of IT solutions in response to business needs.
- Manage a team of engineers, analysts, vendors – guide and focus them in achieving business objectives.
- Manage the planning processes geared towards designing and dimensioning of VAS services as well as new products and services in line with the marketing product roadmap
- Direct the planning of Digital services and Value-Added Service platforms such as, but not limited to, messaging, API Gateways, Subscription Management systems, Mobile data, Rich Communication Services. Multimedia products and other Third-Party applications and services.
- Be a thought-leader in technology and business imperatives in delivering business solutions across Digital Services, Value Added Services, Consumer & Enterprise Data Products and BSS systems.
- Manage the evolution within the Data network to place MTN in a position to effectively compete in the challenging telecoms environment
- Review and approve Functional and Technical Specification documents for new products and services
- Project management and tracking to ensure that products and services are launched within specified timelines, using Software Delivery Models like Agile Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Direct and mentor the VAS planning engineers to effectively optimize the VAS, Data, Digital Services, API Exchange solution & Microservices architecture/topology and roadmaps.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- 10 years of IT or Telcoms experience with a minimum of 5 of those years working in technical planning, design and integration of Business support systems (BSS) such as SMSC, VMS, Device Management System, USSD Gw, Ericsson Charging System, Customer Management solutions, VAS & Digital platforms.
- Vast experience in new products and services development using the Product Development Life Cycle and Project Management using PRINCE 2, PMI or Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong experience in IT solutions designs, architecture, systems integrations and solution delivery.
- Vast Knowledge of GSM architecture and technologies including circuit switched and packet networks, signaling protocols such as MAP, SIGTRAN, Diameter, SIP, XML etc.
- Experience in Cloud Solutions, distributed Cloud native applications, API Strategy, RESTful APIs and Micro services.
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or Other
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply