Job Title: MEAL Officer | Solidarities International | Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in FSL & WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
Mission / Objectives
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the M&E Officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress and achievements
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E):
- Under the responsibility of the team leader, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires.
- Support the team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request.
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions.
Reporting / Communication:
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project’s objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donors indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & «Do No Harm» approaches
- Make regular reports to the team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administration and the local authorities
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW)
- Studies: University Degree in a Humanitarian, Development or any other relevant field.
- Experience: At least 1 year of practical experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with National or International NGOs.
- Languages: Good spoken and written command of English and Knowledge of Hausa, Shuwa, Kanuri languages.
- IT: Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis) and Kobo Toolbox.
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022 at 4:00pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select MEAL Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.