Job Title: Mechanical Fitter | Environmental Science Group Limited | Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Environmental Science Group Limited was originally set up to assist UK Industry meet new and emerging Health & Safety legislation from the EU. Today, the company employs experienced Physicists, Chemists and Engineers that build on the original work with particular emphasis on the authoring of Safety Data Sheets, identifying chemical hazards and providing on-site COSHH monitoring and risk assessment services.
- We are currently searching for a competent and experienced skilled Mechanical Fitter to join our team. We’re looking for a hardworking professional who enjoys meeting challenges and surpassing customer expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in repair of breakdown machines during production as well as carry out preventive maintenance to ensure optimum production use.
- We’re looking for a highly organised, methodical professional with the hands-on experience necessary to take our products to the next level in terms of safety, security and performance.
- A proven track record of experience is essential preferably in FMCG. Qualified, responsible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
- Carry out both breakdown and preventive maintenance of manufacturing machines and Equipments
- Ensuring that the generator and other utility equipment are in good working conditions
- Remain in compliance with current Regulations that pertain to electrical work
- Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
- Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation
- Use blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans
Qualifications and Skills
- OND in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience in the electrical trade
- Able to work well on a team
- Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 20kg without assistance
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for machine installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical systems and equipment
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand
- Good knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics systems and their operational application and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of PLC
We offer a competitive salary.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply