Job Title: Media Officer – Promoting and Protecting Freedom of Religion and Belief in Nigeria (FoRB)
Employment Type: Full-Time – Local
- A professional, motivated, and creative Media Officer who will be responsible for the creation, co-creation of multimedia products, capacity-building, relationship-building and organizing offline/online meetings under the project.
- The position holder will support the project team in their planning and implementation of the project. S/he will supervise the production, publicity, outreach and closely monitor the broadcast of multimedia products.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the National Media Specialist and will work closely with the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation team, and other project team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the National Media Specialist in co-designing and managing media outreach activities with regards to Promoting and Protecting Freedom of Religion and Belief in Nigeria (FoRB);
- Support the Media Specialist in planning and training of journalists on Common Ground Approach to address FoRB related conflicts;
- Support the National Media Specialist in establishing a Common Ground Journalism (CGJ) Forum in the geographical points of the project;
- Ensures all activities are conducted in accordance with Search policies and donor rules and regulations
- Nurture positive relationships with media partners and consultants on the project;
- Support media partners in their planning, production, publicity, outreach and broadcast of multimedia products;
- Develop activity work plans, media production and broadcast plans and strategies;
- Provide necessary support to the Communications team to manage social media profiles relating to the project, including publishing and distributing content, running campaigns and monitoring progress;
- Support the Communications team in organizing online meetings with stakeholders on the project;
- Support the Media Manager and Grants Coordinator to prepare Terms of Reference and Contracts for the media partners and staff assigned;
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the production of the media products and provide constructive feedback to the production team;
- Keep track of media logs, monitor the broadcast of the media products and provide regular feedback to the service providers;
- Coordinate with the program teams to integrate program messages into media programming streams;
- Track and document organization’s news coverage through online and traditional sources;
- Develop relations with media actors and assist in mobilizing media for events where necessary;
- Provide monitoring data to the DM&E manager and share success stories and impact stories as a result of media products;
- Support the DMEL team before, during and after the media channel mapping and listenership survey
- Provide media reports and documentation and share progress, challenges, and lessons learned to support the Project Manager to write periodic progress reports;
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Multimedia Production, Digital Skills, Journalism, Communication, Development Communications or a related area.
- 2-3 years of experience in media production/design and coordinating multimedia programs;
- Experienced in creating multimedia formats such as audio/visual, animation, photography, online and traditional etc. to engage an audience;
- Ability to communicate in local languages will be a big advantage;
- Past experience in promoting and protecting freedom of religion and belief in Nigeria (FoRB) through multimedia approaches will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience designing and conducting training courses in journalism and media;
- Track record in delivering effective media/communications/advocacy strategies in support of campaigns and advocacy programmes;
- A reasonable level of monitoring and evaluation knowledge is also required.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Understand key opportunities in Nigerian media markets and a thorough understanding of requirements of different kinds of media i.e. Digital/Online, Print, TV and Radio
- A good understanding of target audience, intended outcome programming, behavior change communications, and edutainment approaches;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals..
- Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.