Title: Media Planning Manager, NIGERIA | The Coca-Cola Company | Job Location: Lagos
Media & Planning Manager– Nigeria
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- The geographic scope for this role is Nigeria
- The Media Planning manager will:
- Develop connections plans across brands/campaigns, recommending allocation of activation DME to different consumer / shopper touchpoints.
- Coordinate media buying with Mkt PS (procurement), making sure TCCC is performing an efficient buying and receiving maximum value out of the negotiations.
- Ensure we have the most effective and efficient media plans for our brands, out-performing versus competitors in all brand program KPIs.
- Control media investment (real vs planned), approving the Agency buying orders, shifts and invoices and recommending corrective actions when necessary. Preparing budget evolution information (real vs. planned investment) and revising and approving the media buying POs sent Agency and Media.
- Support all the auditing processes with media-related questions.
- Recommend the ideal DMI split by brand and channel to all of our portfolio of brands.
- Constantly checking and reporting to current status of our brand presence in the various channels: Copy Rotation, Child Policy, productivity, among others.
- Partner with PS to track and evolve the existing media and digital measurement discipline, ensuring maximum utilization of existing protocols and tools, and leveraging learnings for each of the markets within the OU.
- Execute local media buying that cannot be bought at OU-level (through Mkt procurement).
- Work in partnership with FL and bottlers to ensure that we are capturing the right opportunities in each one of the countries in the OU.
- The Media Planner will carry out duties individually while interacting regularly with the global IMX team, key players in the OU IMX team, OU Category Leaders, Creative Strategists and Brand Managers and the Franchise Marketing teams.
- The scope of role will be one country or multi-country/regional with flexibility to increase or decrease markets.
- Media Strategy, Planning and buying experience (10-12 years).
- Experience working in agencies and or media vehicles is preferred.
- Preference for experience developing non-conventional communication plans, with heavy focus on digital marketing and story doing.
- Ability to provide input to brand & creative strategy at category level.
- Deep understanding of the evolved media landscape and e-commerce.
- Expertise in working with different external partners (i.e.: agencies, production houses, media companies, influencers).
- Ability to work in Agile cross-functional teams.
- Role will require frequent communication with OU Media Consumer and Shopper lead, OU IMX lead, OU Category teams, Franchise Marketing lead and teams, global IMX team.
- Role will also interact frequently with external parties, particularly agencies and media companies.
KEY KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
MASTERY OF (REQUIRED) BROAD EXPERTISE IN (GOOD TO HAVE)
O MEDIA DEVELOPMENT O BRAND STRATEGY
O DIGITAL MARKETING O AGILE WAYS OF WORKING
O CONSUMER AND SHOPPER ENGAGEMENT
What We Can Do for You: You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes and our leaders that are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Make our CULTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILITIES
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE
We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company. Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply