Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist – Clinical Chemistry | 54gene | Locations: Lagos
Department: Laboratory Operations
Reports to: VP, Lab operations
- The Laboratory scientist will be responsible for processing all samples received for clinical chemistry analysis in the lab.
- Ensure samples collected and registered correspond with the lab numbers given before the samples are processed.
- Sample rejection and acceptance criteria must be adhered to at all times.
- Processing and loading of samples on Sysmex and Cobas platforms as well as other sophisticated equipment.
- Processing dried blood spots from consumer kits and performing the suitable rapid diagnostic tests (Comprehensive allergy test/ HeamoglobinSC).
- Ensure prompt test turnaround time based on processing SOPs from receipt of samples to the time the result is ready for validation by pathologist.
- Ensure quality control is performed based on equipment SOP and maintenance logs are up to date.
- Daily temperature charting (Fridge and room temperature).
- Required to adhere to all quality and safety guidelines as stated in laboratory manual
- Preparation of reagents & stains if required.
- Changing of reagents used in processes regularly depending on the equipment SOP.
- General supervision and cleaning of laboratory equipment including fridges, centrifuge etc.
- Assist in documentation and updating of laboratory work documents- SOPS, Policies etc.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development.
- Ensuring that services are provided in an accurate, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintaining data security and strict privacy with patient laboratory records.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Science (Minimum 2nd class honours upper division) Core strengths in Chemical pathology/Haematology
- 5 years post-NYSC work experience
- Must have valid license to practice
- An M.Sc in any of the laboratory sciences is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in usage of laboratory information management systems
- Experience in cancer genetics is an added advantage
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- Valid international travel documentation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.