Title: Mental Health & Psycosocial Support (MHPSS) Field Officer | International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Ref: ABJ202100200 MHPSS FO YOL
Duration: 4 Months Maternity Cover
- Coordinate the implementation of Victims of Violence (including SV) in Yola AoR field as defined in the MHPSS project document.
- Collaborate with the NRCS to coordinate volunteers to implement MHPSS activities as appropriate, under the supervision of the MHPSS delegate.
- Lead the volunteer team in a collaborative manner to identify the mental health and psychosocial needs of the community, identifying relevant topics for problem solving, therapeutic and psychoeducational individual sessions, groups and sensitization activities as appropriate, with the support of the MHPSS Delegate.
- Refer clients with specific needs to other mental health professionals as appropriate, (e.g. people with severe and enduring mental health problems, or those with needs outside the MHPSS programme parameters).
- Identify key community actors and/or health staff who will benefit from mental health awareness, sensitisation and /or basic psychological and psychosocial support trainings, with the support of the MHPSS delegate.
- Ensure regular links with key actors and health facilities are maintained to ensure beneficiary identification and referral pathways are relevant and functional.
- Participate constructively in weekly supervision with the MHPSS Delegate and in peer supervision to foster an atmosphere of mutual support and learning within the MHPSS team.
- Provide and/or facilitate supportive and constructive coaching and supervision to NRCS and community psychosocial support volunteers to aid in their skills development.
- Assist the MHPSS Delegate to train and coach NRCS and community volunteers when relevant.
- Collaborate with other ICRC departments (COOP, PROT, Ecosec, WATHAB, PHCC…) in the sub delegation to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to respond to beneficiaries needs
- Contributes to the Sub-delegation reporting, such as WOR, situation updates and other specific reports upon request
- Interprets accurately from English to National language and vice versa during field visits and otherwise, as required
- Prepare and follow-up MHPSS orders, with respect of ICRC internal logistic and administrative procedures (ROs, AoEs)
Application Closing Date
2nd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202100200 MHPSS FO YOL” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience.