Latest job vacancies at Microcima Africa
Microcima Africa is a non-bank lending company that seeks to provide inclusive financial services to women and low-income segment who are excluded from the formal financial services. Microcima provides funding options/services that enable these segments to become economically included thereby improving their businesses and enhancing their lifestyle of the households.
Jobs: Microcima Africa Recruitment
December 22, 2022
Microcima AfricaJob Title: Financial Accountant Location: AbujaEmployment Type: Full-timeReports to: CEO (hereafter referred to as the “Line Manager”) Job Summary We are looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible… Read more here
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO (hereafter referred to as the “Line Manager”)
- We are looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of Microcima Africa. An ideal candidate will report on costs, productivity, cash flow and company expenditure.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Keep, organize, and maintain all financial records of the company in line with internal policy
- Keep vouchers for all payments and ensure timely posting to the CBA
- Prepare and analyze financial reports monthly for the Management and Board
- Perform overviews of the financial operations and ensure daily reconciliation of all collections from the field
- Improve control measures and control environment to prevent any fraud and irregularities
- Monitor the cost of the branches and Head office and advise Management on aggressive cost reduction
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits.
- Examine financial operations/records to ensure accuracy on a daily basis
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expenses, invoice, and other accounting documents
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends, recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and due diligence
- Monitor staff performance in terms of individual contribution to the organizations
- Determine payroll requirements and ensure all statutory deductions are promptly remitted
- Preparation and review of the monthly Statement of Profit or Loss and Other Comprehensive Income (SOCI), the Statement of Financial Position (SOFP) and Statement of Cash Flow
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Any other responsibility assigned by Management
Job Competencies and Capabilities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Numerate Discipline degree.
- Candidates should possess minimum of 3 years work experience.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAN), would be an advantage.
- Experience in the financial services sector, especially Fintech (with transaction volumes), would be an advantage.
- Experience in credit and risks analysis
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail. o Have advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Have proven experience within an accounting department.
- Be an effective team player with a positive attitude.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better.
- Energetic, proactive approach to work
- High levels of initiative
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources.
- Positive, flexible, supportive attitude towards work
- Can-do approach
- Exhibits helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements.
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
- f the mail.