Latest job vacancies at Migo
Migo is an embedded lending platform that enables companies to extend credit to consumers and small businesses in their own apps. Migo builds proprietary ML algorithms to assess credit risk using the company’s data then automates credit facilities via cutting-edge cloud infrastructure, simplifying the complex world of lending with a simple API. Migo also expands economic access by enabling credit for populations ignored by traditional credit bureaus, in many cases providing life-changing opportunities to lower-income customers. Migo is headquartered in San Francisco and currently operates in Nigeria and Brazil.
Jobs at Migo Recruitment
October 6, 2022
September 6, 2022
Migo Job Title: Financial Analyst Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Remote)Category: Finance About the JobWhat you will do: As the Financial Analyst at Migo, you will design performance management reports based on extensive… Read more here
September 6, 2022
Migo Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant Location: Lagos (Remote)Department: Finance What You Will Do As a Financial Reporting Accountant, your job duties include reviewing accounting records, analyzing the data for specific reports,… Read more here
Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: Lagos (Remote)
What You Will Do
- As a Financial Reporting Accountant, your job duties include reviewing accounting records, analyzing the data for specific reports, and creating required reports.
- More specifically, you will maintain up-to-date supporting schedules for balances, attain completion of month-end closes, and define creative ways of executing functional activities to enhance service delivery.
- You will also aggregate schedules and third-party documents in readiness for external audit exercises and other statutory inspections.
Your Responsibilities will be to:
- Accurate and timely completion of internal financial reports to aid management decision making
- Daily posting of transactions and prompt updates of supporting schedules
- Timely and up-to-date reconciliation of balances
- Implement budgetary control by analyzing actual versus budget variances and providing insight on reasons for anomalies
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals obtained before such transactions are processed
- Perform daily call over of transactions to ensure that errors and/or irregularities are discovered promptly and escalated
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are proofed monthly and over aged open items are identified and escalated
- Ensure timely update and preparation of accrual, amortization, and depreciation schedules and relevant entries posted by month end
- Engage in monthly reconciliation of assets and liabilities sub-ledgers
- Maintain digital financial records of supporting documents for transactions
- Aggregate schedules and third-party documents in readiness for external audit exercises and other statutory inspections
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2 – 3 years of working experience in financial control of a fintech or financial services firm.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analysis and reconciliation of financial information.
- Candidate must be proficient in computer applications; especially Microsoft excel, accounting software, and other related applications.
- Accountable, reliable, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relate with various internal and external stakeholders such as internal colleagues, auditors, bankers, and tax authorities.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner bother written and oral and good listening skills.