GVE Projects Limited is a leading distributed renewable energy solutions provider on a mission to end energy poverty in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to reliably meet the electricity needs of our clients, resulting in energy cost reduction, improved efficiency and sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Mini-Grid Operation Manager (Commercial – Up-time and Revenue Assurance)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
What Will You Be Doing?
- GVE currently has 16 and counting Mini-grid installations spread across the six geo-political regions of the country focused on providing clean, reliable and affordable electricity access using distributed renewable energy technologies with a commercially sustainable Pay-As-You-Go business model to rural communities.
- Our micro-scaled renewable energy systems efficiently meet the energy needs of unserved and under-served clients at the most economical cost to suit their income levels on a commercially sustainable basis.
- Revenue collection with very high reliability and near-zero losses is guaranteed with our proprietary G-Vend smart metering & billing system with multiple vending options and real-time monitoring and control.
- Our modular distributed renewable energy solution is effective through stakeholders’ collaboration and it can be scaled to meet specific community needs with directly measurable environmental, social and economic impacts.
The Mini-Grid Operation Manager will be in charge of managing the commercial operations of these mini-grid sites with the purpose of ensuring the following:
- Collaboration with technical operations team to ensure 100% Uptime of all the mini-grid sites spread across the country.
- Manage commercial field operations, including personnel, maintenance activities, financial activities, and planning.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way.
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices.
- Design, develop, implements, track and improve revenue optimization mechanisms.
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the individual sites financial by maintaining appropriate financial records, usage data, and site performance records.
- Collaborate with the site operator to manage revenue collections and ensuring no revenue leakages.
In summary, the following points represent the key expectations of the management from a successful candidate:
- Ensure all sites operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way. Track and maintain records for site operations, such as site performance, downtime events, parts usage, or substation events. Monitor and maintain records of daily facility operations.
- Estimate costs associated with operations, including repairs or preventive maintenance. Determines cost of individual sites operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data. Examine revenue collection data and use them to make site optimization recommendations to management in a bid to improve profitability.
- Establish goals, objectives, or priorities for field operations. Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices. Maintain operations records, such as work orders, site inspection forms, or other documentation.
- Prepare field operational budgets. Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency to support site operations. Liaise directly with site OEMs to manage warranty repair or replacement services. Order parts, tools, or equipment needed to maintain, restore, or improve field operations.
- Help the organization’s processes remain efficient, legally compliant and without loopholes.
- Formulate long-term strategic and operational objectives for the mini-grid business of the company. Review, negotiate and improve new and existing site contracts.
- Manage mini-grids business expansion, development budgets and forecasts
- Oversee and manage the mini-grid sites maintenance schedules in collaboration with the technical operations teams
- Perform site reliability checks, uptime controls and monitor site performance KPIs
- Liaise with the HR team to recruit, train and supervise site-level staff
- Develop relationships and communicate with customers, site operators/managers, developers, landowners, authorities, utility representatives, or residents. Manage Site stakeholder engagement and find ways to increase the quality of customer service across all locations
- Support the management team in the upcoming phases of mini-grid sites development through making data-driven recommendations based on historical data of existing sites.
- Develop processes or procedures for site operations management, including transitioning from construction to commercial operations. Select, recruit and train site operators, contractors, or subcontractors.
- Supervise employees, operators or contractors to ensure the quality of work or adherence to safety regulations or policies.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of a degree in Engineering, Business, Operations Management or related field from a very reputable institution
- >3 years’ proven work experience as a commercial Operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with the distributed renewable energy mini-grid business model
- Exceptional customer service and management skills with excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability and outstanding organisational skills
- A clearly evident capability built upon a long track record of integrity and professionalism that inspires trust and confidence from the senior leadership team and shareholders; ethics are never compromised
- Ability and willingness to raise issues and drive resolution on topics, popular or unpopular, in the best interests of the company
- A demonstrated, detail-oriented and principles first approach to problem-solving rather than reliance on industry heuristics. An ability to explain those principles to others with the willingness and objective to prioritize building a cohesive company & culture over the individual functional success
- Demonstrated leadership in high-value negotiations in both win-win and win-lose scenarios with suppliers, partners, and customers, and government entities
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration, performance bonus and career development opportunities.
- Participation in a long-term incentive plan
- Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
- Amazing work-life balance
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals driving global revolutionary change.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2020.