Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant | Plan International | Location: Damaturu | Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The Monitoring and Evaluation assistant to support the implementation of the Project in the context of north-eastern Nigeria. The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements. The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations. The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
Dimension of Role:
Communicates with the M&E coordinator and across Plan International, with Donor and field level implementing partners. The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system. The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Field Team, M&E coordinator and other relevant staff, the M&E assistant will:
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws, 3Ws and related MIS data) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Support field level partners staff, community-based project management committee (CBPMC) and enumerators in designing, developing and deploying tools for community based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Lead in the conduct of emergency assessments, field level Market price, cash/in-kind distribution and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Qualification and experience of the support staff
Plan International is looking for an experience candidate with experience in carrying out similar work in Borno state, or similar regional context, and should have the following qualifications: Females are highly required to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics.
- NYSC serving or fresh graduate.
- Knowledge in developing an M&E system.
- Knowledge of child safe guarding
- Must have an android phone and a personal laptop
- Familiarity with a NGO setting especially on protection
- Well-developed analytical and writing/presentation skills.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and skills of Information Technology, in order to support the development and maintenance of database system of the project.
- Desirable to have specialized formal training on IT systems, database, business software, and/or web-based applications and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organization, and record/file keeping skills to ensure information, knowledge, and data are reviewed, maintained and monitored.
- Good understanding of performance management concepts.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to peace, tolerance and development
• Work closely with the M & E Coordinator and Officer in conducting all MEAL activities, including the preparation of materials, planning of training, training enumerators, data collection supervision, data cleaning and analysis.
• Leverage strong quantitative skills to design surveys, analyze data, and mentor enumerator teams
• Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
• Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
• Perform any other support functions as directed
3. Ethical and child protection considerations
- Plan International is committed to actively promote safeguarding children and youth from harm and ensuring children’s rights to protection are fully realized. Plan takes seriously the commitment to promote child safe practices and protect children from harm, abuse, neglect and any form of exploitation as they come into contact with Plan International supported interventions. In addition, we will take positive action to prevent child abusers from becoming involved with Plan International in any way and take stringent measures against any Plan International Staff and/or Associate who abuses a child. Decisions and actions in response to child protection concerns will be guided by the principle of ‘the best interests of the child.’
- The final endline study will involve data collection with children and young people, and therefore, must ensure appropriate, safe, non-discriminatory participation; stressing all young women’s and young men’s views are collected; a process of free and un-coerced consent and withdrawal; confidentiality and anonymity of participants. Environments and working methods should be adapted to the capacities of children and young people; time and resources should be made available to ensure that girls and boys are adequately prepared and have the confidence and opportunity to contribute their views.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- strong commitment to continuous learning.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply