Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, TA Hub – Nigeria
MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST, TA HUB
|DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.|
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide oversight and lead the delivery in performance monitoring and evaluation for the TA Hub. S/he will be responsible for monitoring progress with the achievement of the program objectives using quantitative and qualitative research tools. S/he will collaborate with the DAI Knowledge Management and Communications team, and the TA Hub’s Implementation Research Partner to synthesize data generated through the Hub and its deployments, develop knowledge products, and disseminate these through various channels. S/he will be responsible for making recommendations on how to adjust and adapt the project’s activities based on past performance as measured and evaluated over time.
In collaboration with the project management unit and the TA Hub staff, implement the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, generating performance data for results-based reporting, baseline, and impact surveys. Implement the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team. S/he will be responsible for managing M&E systems and data management systems for the Technical Assistance (TA) Hub, ensuring accurate and timely documentation and reporting of project results and outcomes according to the M&E plan. S/he will draft project reports in compliance with DAI and Donor requirements and conduct staff and partner training to enable them to comply with the M&E system setup for the project.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied, and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for the project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making, and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure the inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking achievements against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of project performance data.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program implementation and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donors, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the TA Hub team and subsequently, the steady-state Hub’s Program Manager to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Conduct data-inputting for M&E and is the chief person responsible for maintaining all databases relating to project performance under the TA Hub.
- Provide routine input into the project activity tracker system to ensure that all project M&E activities run smoothly and are well-coordinated across all sub-awardees.
- Participate, as appropriate and as directed in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification systems.
- Support compliance with any requests related to Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and develop Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRs).
- Lead the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information
- Organize and conduct M&E planning meetings periodically
- Support training processes and regularly enhance the knowledge and skillsets of project staff and Technical partners on a range of performance management subjects, M&E, and data quality.
- Develop and implement practical monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
Eleven (11) Months
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics, demography, or other related social sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health programs; specific expertise in M&E for health systems strengthening, and RMNCH programmes is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluating health programmes, using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of internationally-recognized best practices and trends in monitoring and evaluation development programmes, including donor-funded programmes.
- Experience in facilitating M&E capacity building for diverse targets, including for partner organizations.
- Familiarity with multiple donor M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Good understanding of National Health M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS-Office software and appropriate statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
- Willingness to travel as the need arises
Application Closing Date
3rd July 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply