Job Title: Movement Cooperation Officer 2 | The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) | Location: Abuja
Job ID: ABJ202000142
Duration: 3 months
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Under the supervision of the Movement Cooperation Coordinator, the Movement Cooperation Officer 2 will support the ICRC departments in the harmonisation of ICRC internal procedures of engagement with the Nigerian Red Cross (NRCS) volunteers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces an Internal Guidance document for use of ICRC departments to support the implementation of harmonised and consistent engagement procedures.
- Develops the partnership skills of the ICRC colleagues engaging with the NRCS
- In close coordination with ICRC Legal Department and HR, ensures that engagement modalities are consistent with Nigeria Labour Law.
- Advises on the adoption of working modalities that are compliant with NRCS Statutes and NRCS policies, internal rules and regulations of both ICRC and NRCS.
- Liaise as required with NRCS HQ
- Takes trips to ICRC Sub-delegation as required
- Works to ensure internal coordination and coherence of approach between ICRC operational objectives.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ202000142 Movement Cooperation Officer 2 (3months) ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience