Latest jobs vacancies at National Aviation Services (NAS) in Nigeria
National Aviation Services (NAS) is a fast-growing aviation services provider with a presence in over 17 countries. With an employee base of 8,000 employees from over 65 nationalities, we are one of the most diverse organizations in the region.
Inclusivity and equal opportunity are a strong part of our culture, with women comprising 20% of our workforce, 23% of which are in managerial positions and growing.
Job Title: Accountant
Locations: Abuja and Niger (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- The role is responsible for maintaining overall account payable/receivable transactions and activities at the station level.
- Furthermore, work along with team to improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial transactions following established accounting standards and procedures
- Follow established procedures for recording, classifying and summarizing of cash receipts and other daily sales transactions; also prepare sales reports as required.
- Generate and send invoices and follow-up on payments, including from credit companies
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments or other irregularities
- Provide accurate accounting for cash, cheques, debit/credit/charge card transactions and ensure accounting activities like billing, collection, reporting and other related tasks are completed within the specified timelines.
- Prepare account reconciliations and collect information from concerned department on any discrepancies and check & report any short collections by cashiers
- Prepare cash and cheque payments for bank, and record and reconcile the deposit amounts
- Safe-keep receipt books and accurately maintain records of all invoices, files, and other documents
- Ensure cash reimbursements from petty cash (for refunds, pre-payments, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting experience in related industry
- Effective Communication skills, Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizing skills, Analytical skills with high attention to details
- Good Computer skills, proficiency in MS Office, spreadsheets, databases and financial software Applications
- Knowledge of oral and written English and local language as indicated
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable/payable transactions and activities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online