Job Title: National Laboratory Network Administrative Assistant | African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) | Location: Abuja
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
- The Nigeria Centre for Control is Nigeria’s national public health institute and responsible for the prevention, detection, and control of public health emergencies in the country.
- The laboratory network subdivision of the NCDC is responsible for increasing and coordinating the laboratory network function for all IDSR and emerging priority diseases.
- Under the NCDC laboratory network advisor’s supervision, and with overall oversight form the director of laboratory services, the national laboratory network administrative assistant will undertake the underlisted tasks:
- Support administrative functions of the laboratory network, such as the development of concept notes, program activities, budgets, meeting notes and minutes etc.
- Support program development and management for laboratory related activities
- Support operations for expansion of the laboratory network, including laboratory assessments, reports, and improvement plans
- Maintain a database of all contact persons at all laboratories within the NCDC network of collaborating laboratories
- Support the planning of assessment/accreditation visits and missions including developing travel itinerary, contacting laboratories etc.
- Maintain daily work schedule for the laboratory network
- Follow up on all laboratory network activities, including requests and permissions, and provide feedback to the laboratory network advisor and the director, laboratory services
- Perform any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply