Job Title: National Parts Manager | KPMG Nigeria | Location: Nigeria
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a wholly-owned Nigerian Conglomerate with businesses and interests that span across various sectors of the Nigerian economy: Automobile, Medical, Foods & Beverages, Information Technology, Engineering and Agriculture. With globally respected partners and an iconic brand portfolio and has continued to be a considerable contributor to Nigeria’s economy.
Detailed Job Description
- Ensures the Parts team works closely with colleagues in Service, Sales and Administration to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Establishes and monitors the team’s training requirements to ensure the required level of skill and expertise is available.
- Implements performance management, coaches and develops the team to improve performance.
- Planning and implementing marketing activities (such as telemarketing, direct mailing, price marketing, event marketing).
- Manages the day to day operations of the Parts department to ensure the achievement of key targets.
- Maintains agreed profit margins and return on investment by selling the maximum amount of parts to trade and retail customers.
- Maintains an efficient parts service to other departments within the Company.
- Analyses sales data to place emphasis on selling the most profitable lines.
- Monitors customer activity and amends discounts where necessary.
- Implements systems to monitor and record lost sales, reviews data and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains stock levels, purchasing within agreed budgets.
- Proper ordering and monitoring to minimize parts obsolesce and value loss.
- Controls and meets budgetary spending targets, discussing significant variations with the relevant Manager.
- Monitors stock overheads and stock values, reporting any which exceed the budget to the Company.
- Analyses current procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Responsibility for all inventory management organizations (incoming goods, outgoing goods, storage rack organization, returning of warranty and replacement parts, inventory).
- Ensuring an efficient, cost-optimal warehousing, including involvement of logistics service providers where appropriate.
- Defining objectives for specific business fields, e.g. wheels, tires, air conditioning systems.
- Presenting and pricing accessories and Lifestyle products.
- Assists the Company to formulate parts sales strategy and policy.
- Develops a successful trade parts operation as part of the Company’s strategy and Identifies and pursues new business opportunities.
- Initiates, plans and promotes parts sales events and contributes to the Company’s annual marketing strategy.
- Maximizes customer satisfaction at all times and ensures absolute clarity in all customer transactions.
- Takes responsibility for the management of major accounts, identifying how customer service can be further improved.
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the Company to deliver improvements and provide a seamless service to customers.
- Uses feedback to improve skills and performance of self and the Parts team.
- Ensures the Parts team adheres to legal, environmental and health and safety requirements while ensuring the safety and security of people, vehicles and property at all times reporting any known faults or hazards.
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the appropriate colleague
Required Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc and/or Technical and Engineering Degrees / equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years practice experience in Service department of Automobile Industry touching Workshop, Spare Parts, Training and Customer Relations
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry
- Experience of modern business methods
- Relevant knowledge of automotive parts business
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience of vehicle legislation, consumer legislation and trade practices
- Experience in controlling clerical work, administration, organization and financial matters
- Proven track record in managing people and systems
- Knowledge of stock control systems
- Contact with distributors, fleet owners, trade outlets, shops selling parts and accessories
- Current driving license
- Computer skills, including experience of operating word processing and database packages, email and internet
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply