Locations: Abuja (FCT), Lagos | Correspondents | NDSL
Employment Type: Full-time
NDSL is a Digital Online Publishing Company, publishing creative and entertaining financial news with focus on Personal Finance and based in Abuja and Lagos State.
- We are looking to recruit individuals to lead a wide coverage on financial markets, monetary and fiscal policies and the banking sector in Nigeria.
- The individuals are expected to create contents specifically on Life, Money, Planning, Economy, Family & Money, Mortgage, Insurance, Personal Taxes, Loans, and Banking amongst others.
- The correspondent is expected to deliver updates and analysis that allow the public to witness and understand personal finance, keep the public informed by reporting on events, conducting interviews with key people, investigating leads, gathering facts and telling stories.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Report and write news stories for publication describing the background and details of events.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a particular story.
- Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Review and evaluate notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determine a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organize material accordingly.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, and attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, and other functions.
- Investigate breaking news developments such as disasters, crimes, and human interest stories.
- Research and report on specialized fields such as Life, Money, Planning, Economy, Family & Money, Mortgage, Insurance, Personal Taxes, Loans, and Banking
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
- Discuss issues with editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
- Check reference materials such as books, news files, and public records in order to obtain relevant facts.
- Revise work in order to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
- Photograph or videotape news events, or request that a photographer be assigned to provide such coverage.
- Develop ideas and material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, and personal experiences.
- Transmit news stories or reporting information from remote locations, using equipment such as satellite phones, telephones, fax machines, or modems.
- Conduct taped or filmed interviews or narratives.
- Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions.
The Ideal applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, finance, Creative Writing or relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience.
- Experience reporting on financial markets, industries and regulations
- A proven ability to build strong market sources and break news
- A background in real-time news
- An ability to explain complex markets to a broad business audience
- Strong news judgement and writing skills
- Experience using data and analytical tools to highlight trends
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.