Job Title: News Reporter
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Project
- This framework of Al-Ansar Foundation coincides with the multifaceted development strategy of Borno State Government under the current leadership of His Excellency, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, mnl to propagate peace, educate and Inform citizens in order to advance the social, cultural and economic affairs of the State and the nation at large.
- Sequel to the Borno State Government Invitation to individuals, corporate organizations, NGOs as well as other interested parties to partake in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of post-insurgency Borno, the Al-Ansar Foundation, In response to the above clarion call, decided to establish Al-Ansar Radio and TV / Station with the sole aim of creating a peaceful environment and sustainable development through the use of its platform.
- The News Reporter is expected to work under the Head of News.
- He / She is expected to assist the HoN, in collecting and analyzing information of interest, including crime, government, and breaking news.
- She/he will gather information, write coverage, assist in conducting interviews, report on-air and edit and edit broadcast, all under the direct supervision of the HoN
The News Reporter is expected to:
- Research stories and background information through personal contacts, the internet, and other sources to provide complete and accurate information
- Generate ideas for stories, or taking a brief from the HoN
- Recording interviews – in person, or through telephone or studio links- and sometimes conducting them live
- Have the ability to think creatively and see all potential angles of a story
- Be able to revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements
- Take pictures or video and process them for inclusion in a story
- Communicate with listeners, advertisers, or the general public via email or telephone
- Establish and maintain a relationship with individuals who are a credible source of information
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mass Communication, Political Science, Journalism
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the broadcast
- Proven ability to develop and deliver news reports and programs on-air and online.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of on-air and online techniques/procedures, protocols, and standards.
- Performance skills and a clear voice
- A personable and confident manner
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- A broad range of interests, including current affairs
- Good research and Interviewing skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Awareness of media law.
- Excellent communication skills, active listening, and translation skills ( Englis, Kanuri, and Hausa).
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV containing evidence of relevant work experience and qualifications along with a Suitability Letter of not more than two pages indicating the position they wish to apply for and why they should be accepted for the position to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- The position being applied for should be specified in the email subject line.
- Only applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted for further screening.
About Al-Ansar Foundation
Al-Ansar Foundation is registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission as a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to empowering youth and women to drive sustainable development through access to quality healthcare, educational scholarships, leadership and peacebuilding training, and providing economic opportunities in business and entrepreneurship.
The Foundation is also committed to propagating Islamic knowledge and cultural integration in society Al-Ansar Foundation believes that Sound Western and Islamic education imbued with the fear of Allah (SWT) is the best instrument for promoting peace in Nigeria arid Sub-Saharan Africa.