Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) was founded in July 1931 by the amalgamation of the first two teachers Associations in Nigeria, namely, Lagos Union of Teachers (LUT), formed in 1925 with its founding President as Rev. Canhon J.O. Lucas and the Association of Headmasters of Ijebu Schools (AHIS), led by Rev. I.O. Ransome Kuti, formed in 1926. At an inaugural meeting of the two groups held at CMS Grammar School, Lagos on 8th and 9th July, 1931, a Constitution was drafted and ratified and the Nigeria Union of Teachers.
Selected Job Vacancy
Title: Cooperative Officer | Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) | Locations: Ekiti, Jigawa, Borno, Abia and Katsina
Entry Point: CONPSS 08
- Candidates must possess a good University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Co-operative Studies and / or Community (Social) Development. Candidates who possess GCE O/L, or its equivalent plus OND/NCE in Cooperative Studies or Community Development may also wish to apply.
- Candidates must not be earning higher than salary grade 08
- Age: Candidates applying for this position must not be above Forty (40) years of age. Evidence of birth certificate must be attached.
- Candidates must have sound knowledge and skills in Computer and ICT.
Condition of Service
- This post is pensionable and fringe benefits is attractive.
- Candidates must be very sound and robust in health and should be ready to engage in travels at very short notice.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in triplicate, indicating the Post and State, with photocopies of credentials and evidence of age to:
The Secretary General,
Nigeria Union of Teachers,
National Head Office,
Off Airport Road, Sabon – Lugbe,
P.M.B 516, Garki,
Note: Candidates are advised to apply for not more than one position. Multiple applications will lead to outright disqualification.